|Chapters||1 - 4|
|Japan Release Date||January 22, 2002|
|U.S.A. Release Date||May 3, 2005|
|Followed by||Volume 2|
Author's Note Edit
- I enjoy B movies.
- I enjoy the experience of me going "What the heck is this! This is just utter chaos!", but ending up watching the whole movie through anyway.
- Thank you so much for picking up this first volume of Fullmetal Alchemist, a series born from the will to recreate that sort of sensation in my own work.
- Please patiently stick around despite your inner thoughts that scream out: "alchemy doesn't work like this, dangit!"
Chapters Included Edit
- Chapter 1: The Two Alchemists
- Chapter 2: The Price of Life
- Chapter 3: The Mining Town
- Chapter 4: Battle on the Train
From the back of the volume:
Alchemy: the mystical power to alter the natural world, something between magic, art, and science. When two brothers, Edward and Alphonse Elric, used this power to grant their deepest wish, one of them lost an arm and a leg...and the other became nothing but a soul locked in a body of living steel. Now Edward is a slave of the government, a slave of the military-alchemical complex, using his unique powers to obey orders...even to kill. Except his powers aren't unique. The world has been ravaged by the abuse of alchemy. And in pursuit of the ultimate alchemical treasure, the Philosopher's Stone, their enemies are more ruthless than they are...
Inside Cover (In Memoriam)Edit
- Alchemists in Fullmetal
- Copper Alchemist
- Fullmetal Alchemist--Complete